If you are a parent thinking about divorce or separation, one of your biggest worries is likely to be about your children: where they will live, and how they will continue to have a meaningful relationship with both parents.
Resolution have recently drafted a helpful leaflet to guide you through this, and to offer information, support, and tips.
BH&O have decided to make this available through our website.
We can also provide you with a printed version if you would find this helpful. Just ask your lawyer for a copy.
The guide include such useful topics as:
- The end of the relationship – what does it feel like and what will happen now?
- What should my first steps be now that I have separated from my partner?
- Your new co-parenting role
- Communication tips
- How important is the voice of the child?
- Extended Family
- What are the types of dispute that might arise between separating parents?
- The future and changes that might happen along the way
- How could things look if we get this right?
- We can’t agree and need help – what should we do?
- What is the legal position?
- A Jargon Buster
- What do I do if I have been in an abusive relationship?
- What resources can my child(ren) and I refer to?
Ruth Hawkins, Partner