Domestic abuse

If you are the victim of domestic abuse you may need an injunction that prevents your abuser from treating you badly.

Domestic abuse includes physical violence, verbal threats, shouting, controlling you and your money.

You can apply for an injunction (a Non-Molestation Order) that prevents someone from treating you like this. In some circumstances you can apply without giving your abuser notice of your application. You can also apply for an Occupation Order which regulates who can live in the property and who should be excluded.

In some cases we need to apply for these orders very quickly. We can usually see you, write your statement, draft the application and go to court all on the same day, if necessary.

We work closely with domestic abuse services in the local areas and can help you get support from them or help them to help you.

If you are in immediate danger, please call the police.



It is often frustrating that a domestic abuse victim makes the decision to leave an abusive relationship, to break the cycle, only to find they

The long awaited judgment on four linked appeals heard by the Court of Appeal has now been handed down.  The Judgment is likely to have

It has been reported that 8.7 million people are experiencing economic abuse in their current or former relationship. 1.6 million reported this as a result

Last night BH&O sponsored the launch of a new play written by local play-write Gaye Poole, Happy Even After. Human Story Theatre Company have been