If your child’s other parent has taken your child from you without your consent or there is a risk that this is to happen, it is essential that you take expert legal advice as soon as possible.

There are a number of different situations in which we can assist you:

  • If your child has been taken from you and remains in England or Wales, we can immediately make an application to the court for return of your child to your care.
  • If your child is at risk of being taken abroad, an application to the Court can be made to prevent your child from travelling overseas.
  • If your child has already been taken abroad the approach will differ depending on the country that the child has been taken to, most notably whether the country to which the child has been taken is a signatory to the Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International ChildAbduction
  • If you have brought your child to England and Wales, and the other parent objects to your child remaining in this country, we can assist you through the legal process if the other parent has issued proceedings in this country.
  • If you live abroad and your child has been brought into this country without your consent and you wish for your child to be returned to your care abroad we can assist you with proceedings in this country.

We are also able to assist if you would like to:

  • Arrange contact with your child who is abroad.
  • You live abroad and would wish to have contact with your child who lives in England and Wales.
  • You wish to relocate abroad with your child

At any point during proceedings you may wish to consider mediation and we are able to guide you through the process.